First Hampshire & Dorset Enthusiasts Forums

Full Version: Mike Russell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A fellow Yeovil enthusiast Mike Russell (Henairs) who is a member of this forum has e-mailed me to say he has not been able to access the forum for several days.
It will not accept his password or enable him to seek help.
Any advice?
Ron,

I've fiddled with Mike's account, changed the password and emailed him the details. Also, I've logged in as him from here, and it's working just fine.

Have asked him to get back to me if he has any more problems.

Regards,

Matt
(Tue, 30 June 2015, 09:53)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Ron,

I've fiddled with Mike's account, changed the password and emailed him the details.  Also, I've logged in as him from here, and it's working just fine.

Have asked him to get back to me if he has any more problems.

Regards,

Matt

Many thanks Matt.
A pleasure, Sir.

There does seem to be a problem with the forum rejecting passwords at the moment - I've no idea why it's happening, and seems to affect random people at random times for seemingly no reason. When I get a few hours to myself, I'll take a look at the internals and see if I can figure out what the heck's happenning (and do a minor software update at the same time.

Can I ask all users (again) to bung my email address (mjforbes@gmail.com) into your contacts list - if you should have any problems accessing this (or the Stagecoach South forum), I'll be able to get on the case quicker and get you back up and posting quickly (assuming the system doesn't decide to lock me out!)

Cheers,

Matt
Hi Matt
Thanks for your help with log in problems. Have used new password and everything seems fine now. Cheers, Mike Russell
(a week and a bit late, but I'm snowed under at the moment with end-of-contract stuff, sick kids and a father in hospital - again)

Mike,

Glad that's sorted - if you've not already done so, I'd advise you to change your password from the one I gave you last week - just for your own security. Also - was it you that was doing a SWML creation for BVE about a decade ago? I'm sure I remember the name 'Henairs' from somewhere - if not, please ignore that!

Right - whoever's going to school get up, washed, dressed NOW. I'm off to Sainsbury's for croissants and cow juice, and the Forbesy PGS shuttle leaves in 1 hour 7 mins. And then to ABP Southampton.

M.
Matt,
Sorry to trouble you again.
I`ve just had an e-mail from Mike Russell again. He says he has been unable to access the forum for about a month.
Can you help please ?

Many thanks

Ron Randall
Ron,

Do you have any idea exactly what sort of problems he's having? Error message? Rejected password? Locked out? If you can ask him to email me directly (mjforbes (at) gmail (dot) com), I'll try and help him out.

To all - I'm always willing to help wherever I can with forum-related hassles, but please be a specific as possible - just saying "I can't get in" doesn't really give me much to work with!

Cheers,

MattOnThe700
(Fri, 05 August 2016, 07:20)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Ron,

Do you have any idea exactly what sort of problems he's having?  Error message?  Rejected password?  Locked out?  If you can ask him to email me directly (mjforbes (at) gmail (dot) com), I'll try and help him out.

To all - I'm always willing to help wherever I can with forum-related hassles, but please be a specific as possible - just saying "I can't get in" doesn't really give me much to work with!

Cheers,

MattOnThe700
Thanks Matt,

I will send him your e-mail address.

Ron
(Fri, 05 August 2016, 13:25)Ron Randall Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Matt,

I will send him your e-mail address.

Ron

No problem - he's mailed me, and I've replied, but I have to admit - the problem that Mike is having is a new one on me ... good job I'm not doing much this weekend! Oh hang on - there's something happening in a field near Gosport on Sunday ... Smile

I'm on the case, nonetheless.

M.
Free Web Hosting