First Hampshire & Dorset Enthusiasts Forums

Full Version: A few forum oddities (partly cross-forum - apologies)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stagey sorted. Still waiting for rely from the hosts of this site to explain why a feature I've paid for isn't implemented.

M.
(Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:27)Darren Wrote: [ -> ]As for "shirking your responsibilities" you are an enthusiast volunteering your time to  further the  cause... it is not as though you are a paid member of staff managing a service we pay for!

Ta for that!  A little 'pat on the back' like that makes things seem a little more worthwhile.

(Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:27)Darren Wrote: [ -> ]Struggling to learn PHP - don't know why though

PHP is an anagram of "total pain in the arse" (as are most coding and programming languages/protocols), but I've got a rather good idiot's guide (PDF) If you've got a grip on (S)HTML fundamentals, it's a great resource - I'll mail it over if you want.

M.
(I can see France.  Not Seafrance.  Obviously)
Matt,

I would have given up long ago with the problems you have had in here over the last year or so.

That PHP cribPDF would be useful thanks. When we implemented our CRM system we rather short sighted thought we would be mostly working with GUI rather than having to be coding geniuses....

Drupal + an almost beta CRM was not our best investment without a pro developer... as we later watched the developer let slip.
Interesting.... my edit did not seem to save....

Anyway, might be relevant, when I went to edit my post the following code appeared 
Code:
<!-- Free Web Hosting Area Start -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://user99.freewebhostingarea.com/a/specoff3.js"></script>
<noscript><br><center><font color='#000000' face='Verdana' style='font-size: 11px; background-color:#FFFFFF'><a target='_blank' href='http://www.freewebhostingarea.com'><font color='#000000'>Free Web Hosting</font></a></font></center></noscript>
<!-- Free Web Hosting Area End -->

Darren
(Volunteering silly time on top of a 42 hour working week for a national charity. ..)
I appear to be getting issues on the site. I usually use the 'view new posts' or 'view today's posts' tools, but both are playing up and I'm missing posts etc.
Hmm. 'new posts' and 'todays post' both seem fine from here. I'll take a good look when I get a couple of hours free of any interruptions ....

M.
I noticed the other day (might have been yesterday) a few people said that they did not see a post by BigDocFan (This one). I also did not see it, so it looks like there might be something funny going one, albeit not very often.
Don't think anything sinister is going on here, just the admin team getting distracted and not clearing posts from forum members on moderation.
I hadn't checked for a few days, life gets in the way sometimes, and noticed last night that several posts were in the "approval queue". Checking some had been waiting a few days. Those I approved will have appeared with the date posted not approved - giving the false impression that readers had missed them or not been notified via the various new posts options.
Cheers for the response!
All,

I'm aware of the issues already raised, but as you may have figured, I'm somewhat rushed off my feet at the moment (somewhat annoying - I've got ForbesyTowers to myself at the moment, and had big plans for this fortnight, but someone somewhere clearly hates me, and is doing everything they can to disrupt everything I plan to do). Anyway ...

I'll give this forum a just-over-two-year service when I get the chance, but in the meantime, please accept my apologies.

Summer "holiday"? Might be for the kids, but not for me. Cliff Richard has a lot to bloody answer for ...

M (grrr)
Pages: 1 2
Free Web Hosting