First Hampshire & Dorset Enthusiasts Forums

Full Version: No improvement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry Matt,

Regardless what I do, I have not seen any improvement in the formatting issues.

Apologies
Simon N.
On a PC Chrome browser, I am having issues

On an Android Chrome browser, seems okay.
Sorry - only just seen this. Simon - what browser are you using?

If you're using Chrome, it's simple to force this site to display correctly. To the left of the address bar, there's a "Not secure" notfication - click on this, then select "Site settings". This will open a page with a zillion options - ignore most of them, but scroll down to find "Insecure content". This will probably be set to "Block" - click on the drop-down and change it to "Allow". Go back to the forum and hopefully it'll be displaying correctly.

NOTE - I'll reiterate this : this site does not hold any personal data that (legally or otherwise) would need to be kept secured, so in this case, it can be considered safe to allow "insecure" content. If you are encountering other websites that are displaying incorrectly, then I do not recommend performing these actions.

Let me know ...

M.
(Fri, 08 December 2023, 19:36)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry - only just seen this.  Simon - what browser are you using?

If you're using Chrome, it's simple to force this site to display correctly.  To the left of the address bar, there's a "Not secure" notfication - click on this, then select "Site settings".  This will open a page with a zillion options - ignore most of them, but scroll down to find "Insecure content".  This will probably be set to "Block" - click on the drop-down and change it to "Allow".  Go back to the forum and hopefully it'll be displaying correctly.

NOTE - I'll reiterate this : this site does not hold any personal data that (legally or otherwise) would need to be kept secured, so in this case, it can be considered safe to allow "insecure" content.  If you are encountering other websites that are displaying incorrectly, then I do not recommend performing these actions.

Let me know ...

M.

Thanks Matt, interesting.

Funnily enough, the formatting on Chrome has just this morning come back to life! Bizarre.

Cheers
Simon N.
That's good to know, Simon.

I'm off to France next Tuesday (I think - must check that!) for a fortnight, and as there's not a lot to do when stuck in a field in the arse-end of nowhere (with nothing but my aging parents and an arrogant cat for company), I might play around with getting the site "secured". However, as I said previously, this isn't a quick'n'easy job, and given the speed of their (ahem) "broadband" connection, it might be slightly more fun to just hang around and watch my toenails growing Smile

M.

(Edit : Yep. BA2570 on the 19th. Gatwick South just before Xmas ... funfunfun. )
Free Web Hosting